Monday, December 16, 2013

What are you wearing for NYE?

I love NYE fashion because:

1. There is no such thing as too much sparkle;
2. That sweetheart jumpsuit you've been wanting to try, anything goes;
3. Sky-high platforms; and
4. Blinged out accessories.

My NYE fashion muse is J.Lo. circa the 2013 Grammy Awards.  Major Fashion Lust!


Naturally, J.Lo. is flawless in her Emilio Pucci mirrored dress and Christian Louboutin Very Mix spiked pee-toe platforms, but for those of us who don't have a multi-million dollar budget, have no fear…I've created a budget-friendly alternative.

Tony Bowls offers amazing cocktail attire.  I went with this sleeveless version courtesy of Tracy Johnson at Ann Maree's boutique in Benton, Kentucky.  Tracy was great, sending me various pictures from in-store and shipping to Chicago.  Follow Ann Maree's here: https://www.facebook.com/annmareesbentonky.


I'm not going to lie, I contemplated splurging on the Christian Louboutin Very Mix spiked peep-toe platforms.  Lucky for my wallet, they are no longer available.  Instead, I decided to break my ankle in these from Steve Madden ($99.98 at http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=102318&np=163_382).  I got an additional 25% in store at Steve Madden.  The light hits them gorgeously and their sparkle is amazing.  They reflect silver in person and what looks gold in this photo is more a nude background for the sparkles.  I practice walking in them daily.


To mimic J.Lo.'s dangle earrings, I chose Henri Bendel's Bond St. Crystal Fringe earrings ($138.00 at http://www.henribendel.com/BOND-ST.-CRYSTAL-FRINGE-EARRINGS/262159,default,pd.html?dwvar_262159_color=2534&start=6&cgid=shop_jewelry_earrings).  I also got an additional 30% for a "Happy Hour" special.


To top off the look, I wanted a sparkle clutch that wouldn't break the bank.  I found this steal at The Limited during a 50% promotion ($22.47 with promotion at http://www.thelimited.com/product/glamorous-shine-clutch/1379045.html?ppid=c20&start=20&dwvar_1379045_colorCode=127&cgid=handbags-purses).  This clutch has similar rhinestones as the Steve Madden platforms and they compliment each other nicely.


Now to hit the gym and work on getting those J.Lo. legs!!  I'll post pics of the final look from NYE.

Enjoy!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the final look - I love that dress. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete