Sunday, April 27, 2014

Fuchsia is Fabulous

My favorite lip trend for spring is the bold fuchsia lip.  Flattering all skin tones, a fuchsia lip is a younger, hip alternative to the classic red lip.  Gone are the days of soft, petal lips; this spring is all about big, bright and bold!


To achieve this trendy and chic look, first make sure your lips are exfoliated and well hydrated.  I'm obsessed with "the lip scrub" and "the lip slip" by Sara Happ ($24 each at Nordstrom).  "The lip scrub" comes in delish flavors like sparkling peach, creme brûlée, and sparkling pink grapefruit.


Next, dap off the excess gloss and line your lips with a color that's nearly identical of the fuchsia of your lipstick.  I like to fill-in my entire lip, as I found it helps keep the color stay longer.  My liner of choice is Le Crayon Levres Precision Lip Definer, in 58 Rubellite ($29 at Nordstrom).


When you've finished applying the liner, apply your fuchsia lip color.  Some recommend using a lip brush to get better precision.  I am in love with the color, consistency and applicator of Too Faced's Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fuchsia ($21 at Sephora).  With the shine of a gloss, lasting power of a stain and pigment-packed color of a liquid lipstick, I have to literally remove it after a long night of drinking.  It stays on that long people!!  And it's not sticky or over-drying either.


And voila, you're all set to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment